Linda's Granny Page

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Friday's Comin'!

Here it is again! Tomorrow's Friday, thank God! Today was pretty busy, putting together the State Mission Offering edition. Finished up today, except for one spot to fill. Usually, I don't finish until Friday sometime. That will give me time to work on the project that was dumped on me yesterday. I have to do a bulk mailing to all our churches in the state with a letter and cards for news briefs. I had already started printing cards, I've printed about 650 cards so far, need 5,000+. And the letter is dated, so I'm trying to get them out before the date gets too old. John dumped the letters and address labels on me yesterday and told me to work on it when I have time. Ha! I got the job because no one else would do it. I need to get more card stock and find some envelopes to mail them in. Then I have to do all the paperwork for the post office when I get it ready to mail it. I plan on working on it most of the day on Tuesday after we get this paper out. Next week is a short week because of the holiday the following Monday, so it will be another full week.

Went out for dinner tonight at Zio's for P's birthday, which is tomorrow. E has to work tomorrow, so we decided it would be easier to go out tonight. It's much too busy on Friday night, anyway.

Sitting here blogging, watching preseason football, dryer running. Looking forward to getting Dish on Saturday. We'll have HBO, Encore and another premium channel free for three months. P likes HBO, but I don't.

E keeps busy around the house, getting things done. He doesn't feel like sitting and watching TV all day until he has to go to work, so it's nice to have him around to get a few things done. He's been a big help. He has also been a motivation, to me, at least, to get some things done. After a day like today, though, I don't feel like doing too much. All that concentration is tiring! Decided I had to catch up on the blogs, so here I am!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger MsPenni said…

    Sounds like you need to enlist some help on you project.

    Glad to see you blogging again.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    Wonder what would happen if you said I don't have time? Every one else seems to get away with it.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Grinny Granny said…

    I wish! The problem is, C won't do it, because it doesn't come under her job at all. J won't have J do it because she does all kinds of other things for him. So guess who gets to do it?!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Aunty Pesty said…

    You really need to tell him that it is too time consuming and you need to let him know that you can't do it all by yourself. You have your job to do and you don't need all this other crap along with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home