Linda's Granny Page

Friday, August 19, 2005

Complaints?

You know, I complain a lot about my job, but I still enjoy the work somewhat. It's just the atmosphere in the office that makes things so bad. And now my boss is adding to it, I always felt he was on my side. But I don't feel that way anymore. In fact, I feel like I'm being forced to get out. I have less than one year to put in my 25 years, but that doesn't mean I can retire, it's still at age 65, mandatory at age 70.

It's really sad to say these things about my job, but I can't imagine what P is feeling. I would probably be depressed and frustrated. But she seem to put up a positive front. I guess that's probably for her own sanity. There are amazing advances in medicine these days. I guess there's always hope that the cancer can be eradicated. A positive attitude can be healing though, it has been said. And, on the other hand, a negative attitude can just make things worse. Family is important, though, and we will do whatever we can.

E called last night after he got to Tucson. Said he had some rain around Hatch, but none after he got into Arizona. He said it took about an hour for R to warm up to D, but once he did, he was making up for the time he'd been away from her. They should be home Saturday, E has to work on Sunday. I hope that D can see that R is doing fine with E. E says she has said she can hear a difference in his babbling, he's making more intelligible sounds. We try to get him to make more sounds. He likes to say, "Oh, yeah!"

Called Mom this morning on the way to work, she said she was feeling better than last night, but she didn't sound very strong. I talked to her later in the morning, and she had called the doctor's office and has an appointment for next Tuesday. I told her I would take her to urgent care if she didn't feel any better. But she sounded better when I talked to her, and she said she was feeling better. Thought she would do alright through the weekend. She hasn't really felt good all summer, but the heat always makes her feel bad. And when it rains, the humidity makes her feel bad, so it's been kind of rough. She says she's lost a little weight, so she knows, I think, that something needs to be done so she can feel better. She went to church on Thursday, but she says she's not going on Sunday, she probably won't feel like it, anyway.

We're switching over to Dish the end of this month. P never really did like DirecTV. I thought it was OK, but then I hardly ever get the remote. I know, it's a man thing! I guess that will be his birthday present!?

Well, I guess I've rambled on enough for now. I'm thirsty, so I'll go find something to drink. Watching pre-season football. P and I are scheduled to play golf again at UNM South tomorrow afternoon. Hope the weather cooperates!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    Hang in there it is worth the 25 years. You were looking for a job when you found this one. If you need to when you have your 25 years in you can look for another job.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Aunty Pesty said…

    Just ignore them and work on the paper. People change alot and it can be a bit rough and disappointing. The cramps have subsided for a while. Pippin is just being lazy for a cat that has nothing to do during the day. Mistress really misses E more then she thinks or lets on. She misses him more than I do I think. Dad never shuts up, does he? I see that he has helped you get the clock on your blog, that is good. I had to do that all by myself and it worked out great. I am rabbling on again that means that I am feeling better and I do. Washing machine? Oh lord! Dad and his sense of humor. Bobby Box has the same kind of humor.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger MsPenni said…

    Hang in there, you were there before most of the others. Keep on keeping on and you'll get thru it. If not then it may be time to moove on.
    The hardest part of life is keeping positive. It's a mind set. Just like a mind set to love people because God said so. So many times I have wanted to yell, but then I stop and politely smile.(makes people mad when I smile at them.) I may say something and then I may not. Usually I just go about my busness and get what is needed done. I'm doing a little better today. I just take it one day at a time. Love yea! TTFN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home