Linda's Granny Page

Monday, July 18, 2005

Catch up!

Well, I just didn't feel like posting anything last week. It was my first week back at work after a two-week vacation, and it was busy, of course. We're going through the process of sending our paper electronically. But we'll also be taking a hard copy until we get all the bugs worked out and it's no longer necessary. E still hasn't heard anything from Walgreens. I think he was going to put in some more applications today. He was called by a Mexican restaurant that's going in where the Gin Mill was, behind the Twister's, for a job as a waiter. He may look into that. I don't think he has applied at Wal Mart yet, but he was talking about doing that. That would be another good place for him to work. He spent some time with S last night, took R with him. He had a ball playing with a 5-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy, running around with them, trying to keep up. There was also a 4- to 5-month old. E brought R home last night and he went right to bed and went to sleep, I think he must have been tired. We had a real nice shower last night, a bit of wind, too. The weather caused a few problems around town, with traffic and such, but it was nice to get some rain, we sure needed it! B and G (brother and sister-in-law) were here this past weekend for his 40th class reunion. We got to visit with them a little bit Saturday before they went to some activity. They left Sunday to go home. She said they stopped in Colorado and saw family there, too. We have committee meetings going on at work, today, and board meeting is tonight, so lunch was brought in. We'll probably have enough leftovers for a couple of days, we usually do. I'm not sure what we're doing for my birthday tomorrow. I think P may take me out to dinner after work, he was talking about making some homemade ice cream tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    Happy birthday I stily haven't got yesterday your present in mail. Spent all day in Dallas with P. I'll try to get it in the mail today. Sounds like E and S are enjoying time together. E really needs that maybe he will come out of his shell some.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home