Linda's Granny Page

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Eventful

Well, I didn't expect to, but I spent all day at the hospital with Mom. She was really having trouble breathing this morning. Got her to the hospital and they got her on oxygen, started taking blood and x-rays, tests, etc. They gave her some steroids, breathing treatment(s), kept her on oxygen. She was breathing normally by the time I left her in her room at 5 p.m. eating supper. They didn't have the results of the CAT scan yet, but everyone at the hospital today was really nice and sweet. I'll go by the house in the morning and get a few things to take to Mom and see if the doctor has said anything.

Mom told me once today that when she was younger, she thought about becoming a nurse. I never knew that! I don't think I could do that kind of work, especially not since I'm older. It makes you appreciate the younger ones that can do it and choose it for a career.

There is still renovation going on at the hospital, so it was a little cramped trying to get into the ER. They will be renovating and expanding it eventually. It really needs it. By the end of the day today, they were full. They had gurneys in the hallway when I went around to catch the elevator and go up to Mom's room from the ER.

Hope E doesn't work too late tonight. I told him yesterday to be careful driving home from work this weekend, especially late at night. There are so many drunks out and the police will have checkpoints around town. E was supposed to get off at 6, but it's already 7:30 and he's not home yet. We might play a game or something when he gets home (I just heard the garage door, so I guess he's home.) until the new year gets here.

Not much more to say. TTFN

2 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    Hope your mom is doing better and able to go home. It may come to the place that she cannot live alone anymore. We all have to face the fact sometime. When I was sick a couple of weeks ago I realizied that if I got disabled that neither of us would be able to live alone anymore. I was in a panicked that I couldn't go after Michelle like I was suppose to. Thank heavens the manager of the lakeside complex was feal sweet and took hubby to pick up Michelle. I knew Michelle wouldn't go with her without her grandfather. Have a blessed New Year.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger MsPenni said…

    Hope your mom is ok. She may have a touch of pnuemonia, keep a close eye on her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home