Linda's Granny Page

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Change Is Comin'!

Well, I haven't posted in a while. I have been busy, but I got tired of all the negativity and complaining. I also decided not to check my work e-mail on the weekend. I can take care of that when I get there on Monday.

Lately, I have discovered the importance of laughter. It is important to have some humor in life, instead of being so serious and critical all the time. (Sometimes it takes me a while to realize the obvious and take action.)

Got a box of Dixon's apples mailed off to P's family, sent them to P & D's (had their address).

Watching West Wing, have R corraled in the hallway so he won't pester us, he is tired and fighting going to sleep, I think, but he is wound up and ornery. This was supposed to be E's day off, but he got called this afternoon to go in and work until closing. The up side is he gets more hours, more money. He worked after hours one night last week tearing down the carousel in front of Penny's. He go $50 for that. Every little bit helps. I think E is in favor of raising the minimum wage. It's a bill similar to the one they passed in Santa Fe, which seems to be working fine.

An article in today's paper shows a poll that says Chavez has 42.6 percent of the vote. Election is Tuesday, it will be interesting to see how the results come out. I thought Griego would have more than 18.8 percent, Winter has the same amount. P and I agree that Chavez's ex-wife held him back. Now he is free to do the job that is needed. Unfortunately, being mayor of a town this size is a 24/7 job, she didn't like that. He has been a very visible mayor, especially after having a couple that didn't want to be in the public eye. And I think he has been even more visible since his divorce. As one of his commercials says, "After being elected mayor, he became mayor.

One of his accomplishments is Tingley Beach. It was set for a dedication when we had those two hard rainstorms, it was pushed back a week. Just one of his projects he has seen through. I think that is one of the main things that will get him re-elected. He gets things done.

R is being awfully quiet. He's not fussing, but I will bring him in the living room with us. I think he has settled down and won't be as ornery.

I'm going to try to be more positive.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Aunty Pesty said…

    Good for you. You really need to be positive from now on. I am jealous of grandma for more details see the comment she left on my blog. TTFN.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    Remember laugh and the world laughs with you. Try renting some comedies to see on vcr.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home