Linda's Granny Page

Friday, September 15, 2006

Catch Up!

Well, it's been a while! My computer has not been able to access the Internet, so I've been playing a game on the desktop. My hubby took that one back to school, so we brought my son's back out. Can't find the game that P had downloaded. Need to catch up, though.

It's been busy, both at work and at home. Slowly getting over this cold. Almost back to normal. I still get a tickle in my throat now and then. Had a headache today, don't know if it was sinus or tension, but it did finally go away after a couple of hours. Went to lunch at Sonic today and dropped off pages at the proofreader before returning to the office. Working ahead on a couple of issues because Jn will be gone the last week of this month, so we'll be doing two in one week.

Executive board meets next week. Will be meeting in the new team organization instead of the divisions. Changes are starting to happen, little by little. I'm glad it's not all at once. But then, the executive director said it would be a process over the next few years, hopefully by 2010.

Watching "Celebrity Duets" (results show). It's been an interesting show. We also have been watching "Dancing With the Stars." That's another interesting show. We don't usually like the reality shows, but these are not exactly "reality" shows. They both show, I think, how much work goes into learning to dance or sing and perform, especially for those who are not normally doing that. There's usually one or two who, obviously, don't have a chance. And they're weeded out pretty quickly.

Will be working on husband's manuscript for publication the next two weeks, so he can resubmit it.

Daughter seems excited about school and the upcoming talent show. I hope it goes well for her. She has even put on a few pounds! She thought she would never get to 100, and now she weighs 110 lbs.

Got laundry in the dryer. Have to take the Hyundai in for the 7,500-mile check-up tomorrow. P needs to take the Neon over and have the front left tire checked, it's looking a little bit low. I need to get my nails done. We need to go get groceries. So, it looks like it's going to be a busy Saturday! TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    M and I watched Dancing with the Stars we really enjoyed it. P helped M with her talent show performance last night. I don't know what they decided on. But I am sure P will continue to help her. M was up and ready to go to school in good time today. It was a good thing she woke me up when she turned on the kitchen light. M helped clean house this weekend did her laundry and took her shower. Every thing is going good for the time being. If they just don't scare me to death sending me letters from school. It has been really nice to have someone to talk to in the house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home