Linda's Granny Page

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Another Busy Week!





I love this bottom picture. Just look out the front door in this lakeside community and it's peaceful. It made for a nice, relaxing vacation setting.

This top one is of our cat, Pippin. He has found a new perch. When I got home from work tonight and we were having supper, E noticed him sitting there. I've seen him there before, too. I grabbed the camera and took several shots of him. This is the only one that turned out to be very good.

Monday was deadline day, again. Finished the paper, P came and picked me up. We went and had something to eat, window-shopped for a little while before going over to the executive board meeting. About halfway through I was presented a plaque, recognizing my 25 years with the convention. We left right after that. After we left, apparently, the Policy and Personnel Committee approved a vacation policy for convention employees that says on the 10th anniversary and every 5th year after that, the employee gets another five days of vacation. This was done in appreciation of the longevity of service of BCNM employees.

We got home about 9:30, went back to bed, watched the news, Jay Leno and went to sleep.

Tuesday, I stopped by to see Mom after work. She has a tree man coming next week to trim back the tree in the back yard drastically and treat the fungus. Came home and took it easy.

Wednesday was my birthday. Had our office celebration, then staff meeting from 9-noon, lunch and a hectic afternoon trying to catch up from being in staff meeting all morning.

Today I started putting together the paper this afternoon, got page 1, 3, 4 and 5 done. Pages 6 and 7 are partial. Jy's pages 2 and 8 are done. So, tomorrow I can finish 6 and 7 and transfer 2 and 8. Then I'll have to start typing the long list of memorials and honorariums from the children's home for next week.

Watching Star Wars: Episode III on HBO. E went out a little while ago. He didn't have to work today, but he had to go pick up his checks. He and P got some odds and ends done today.

We may have some rain again this weekend, the weatherman says. I'll believe it when I see it. TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    M really liked the picture of Pippin and I enjoyed the picture of the lake from our front deck. Hope you enjoyed your birthday. Congrates on your 25 years. It makes me feel old to remember when you went to work there. I remember telling you, you would enjoy working at the convention. I surely didn't think it would last as long as it has. Just convince P to retire and move out here. You can rent one of the houses and look at the lake all day long.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home