Linda's Granny Page

Friday, July 14, 2006

Made It!

I made it through the first week back. Still have a few things to catch up on, but they can be done when I have time. Rearranged my desktop, again. I have a little more space to work with now that I have a flat screen monitor. E came to the office and helped me move the hutch. Then I put things back on the desk quickly so I could get to work on the paper. And I think the way I have them is going to work without having to move a few things around here and there. It feels a lot more open than the other way and I don't feel like I'm hiding with my back to the door. That corner office got hot today. I had my fan blowing on me most of the day.

Next Monday is executive board and committee meetings, so it will be busy. Jn asked me to be at the meeting Monday night. He said that is when they are going to recognize me for 25 years. It will be another busy week.

Going to get my hair cut tomorrow. Need to update my computer and balance the bank statement. I'm also going to try to pack a box of stuff to send to my daughter. Brought home a computer paper box from work, so it will hold quite a bit of stuff, mostly clothes.

E is off this weekend. Might see if he can go down to Mom's and mow and water. Will find out on Monday about the guy to do Mom's yard. Since the rain we had the weeds have popped up and so has the grass.

The only project that I've gotten done since we got home that I wanted to do was to rearrange the living room. Haven't done the kitchen counters yet.

Pippin, our white cat, just walked across my lap. He has been so lovey-dovey since we got back from our trip.

It was hot today, but there are clouds coming over now. We might actually get a little shower! TTFN

2 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Aunty Pesty said…

    Well today was the second day of work and I learned a little more today. You know this daughter has a name! I love the way my hair is now. I have been tired a lot lately and this morning I wasn't feeling too good, but I went anyway. Today was slower than at Ladera. I still haven't heard from my friends. I have been wondering if they have been calling the house. What happened to the Hyundai? Well enough talk for me. TTFN.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Grinny Granny said…

    Yes, dear. But we are on the World Wide Web! The Hyundai just has a piece of weatherstripping on the front passenger door that is coming off, nothing else. I don't think any of your friends have been calling, but then I'm at work all day. Going to the executive board meeting on Monday night. They are recognizing me for 25 years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home