Linda's Granny Page

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Busy Week!

Well! I never got a chance to blog this week, been busy. Then Thursday night, we went to the Isotopes game. P gets a little impatient with other people, but M and I had fun. We left after the seventh-inning stretch. It was about 9:30, so we came home. I had to go to work the next day. And it was a busy day, at that. Putting together the SBC issue. It went pretty smoothly. Finish it up on Monday, start a three-week vacation on Tuesday.

Went in and worked about an hour and a half this morning to do some things before my vacation. It was either today or stay late on Monday. P took me, sat and read a book while I got things done. Then we left, went and had a light lunch before we played golf. We were going to do 18 holes at Arroyo del Oso, but the 18-hole course was closed until 1 p.m. for a tournament. So we played the Dam 9. We were paired with a couple of guys a little bit younger. They graduated from Del Norte High School in 1978. They have been friends since grade school. It was a nice, enjoyable time, just hitting the ball, getting some exercise, watching all the squirrels, jack rabbits and even a roadrunner! P and I are planning on going out tomorrow to play again. At Arroyo, we picked up a new golf bag for me that's light and has a stand and a backpack carrying strap. And it's PINK!

After we got home, we went over to Walgreens to get some milk and a few other things. Brought that home, got M and went to Applebee's for supper. Just sitting here now, blogging and listening to Elvis on Sirius on the satellite. Unless we can't move in the morning, we'll probably get up and go to church. Then we'll play golf, but it has to be after noon on P's P.M. Pass (he gets to play for $5). I don’t know where we’ll go, one of the four municipal golf courses. I did get sunburned on one leg today. Put sunscreen on before we started, but just my right leg is the only place I’m sunburned. Put some aloe gel on it after my shower. I will wear some khaki pants tomorrow.

Have to start moving things out of the living room. Home Depot is going to install carpet in the living room and down the hall on Monday. E should be able to help P move the big stuff (couches, chairs, etc.) out on the patio.

Looking forward to vacation in Texas, including First Monday and visiting Joe's Crab Shack, if possible. And maybe some more golf! I enjoy getting outdoors and getting some exercise. Even if it is hot.

Blogger is not cooperating, I keep losing the connection, twice now. P just lost his connection, so I’m finishing this in Word.

Got laundry in the dryer. Trying to get caught up with it again. There are some things I want to get washed for our trip. Every time I turn around I’m washing my shorts. I have been wearing them more than the last couple of years. It usually has to be HOT for me to wear shorts. But it has been HOT, and I wear them golfing too. I come home and change out of my hot work clothes to get comfortable.

It’s getting late, almost 9 p.m., need to get some other things done. TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    I'm looking foreward to you coming. Be sure and bring your shorts it is hot here and the humidy is terrible. Is M coming with you? How about E?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home