Linda's Granny Page

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back in the Routine

Well, the first week back at work and school is over, even though it didn't start until Tuesday. Doing some reorganizing, making new files, looking forward to rearranging my office this week. The guys downstairs have my cable, so I can move whenever they bring it up. I'm tired of hiding behind the wall. Got my supplies I needed, so I'll get reimbursed for them Monday or Tuesday. The other two girls in the office started on the flex schedule, so they come in early and work late and will be off every other Friday. Fridays are kind of quiet anyway, because so many of the others are off on flex. Oh well!

Went to church this morning. When we were walking out, P said he wanted to go get R. It sure has been quiet around here without him. When I asked E how R was doing, he said that D told him that he has picked up another couple of words, "eat" and "bowl." I think the older he gets, the more he'll pick up.

I wish E would stay here and start some classes at TVI, but at least he'll be here a little longer to save up some money to buy another vehicle. Maybe time will be a good thing and something will develop to have him stay here.

Have a fire in the fireplace. It's still gets pretty cool at night, but warms up fairly nice during the day. I think that is why Mom is having a hard time. She doesn't do well in the cold.

Balanced the bank statement today and found a duplicate entry. That gave us a little more than $100 extra. Usually it's the other way around, I find something that I didn't record. It's nice to find an error in my favor for once.

Got the sensor replaced in the van this weekend. I hope our car repair bills are over for a while. It's been pretty expensive lately! Pat found the paperwork where we put a new battery in a couple of years ago. I thought it still had the original battery in it. It's good to know that won't be a problem. And gas prices are going back up!

E just came home a little bit ago. He is going to start working some more hours at Wendy's starting Wednesday. He said he will be opening that morning. I'm glad he's staying a while longer, I just wish it would be more permanent. Oh well, we can only hope for the best.

Desperate Housewives is on, just finished watching West Wing. Need to fold some towels I washed and stop spending so much time on this computer. TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    What is your flex schedule? You have the senority.

    I wish R was with you too. Maybe D will see how hard it is to have to be a mother for a change. I'm glad E is staying awhile too. I don't want R hurt but maybe something will happen.

    I dont need any computer programs. The wedding pictures are still on here also.
    How is M, daddy said she passed her classes. About time she needs to graduate.

    It has been 80 and 70 degrees here. Tomorrow it is just suppose to be 57 for a couple of days. then it will be back to the 70s. Karrol is suppose to be having snow. Crazy weather.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home