Linda's Granny Page

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Time Flies!

My, but time flies when you're having fun! Or not!? It's been a busy month since my last post. Been busy at work, went to Clovis for the state convention. The next weekend we went to Glorieta for our staff retreat. Been to the doctor. Had outpatient surgery last Wednesday (Nov. 22). Yesterday (Friday) was the first day I felt like doing anything. Slept off and on Wednesday after we got back home and all day Thursday. E had to go to work yesterday and P went to play golf, so I was home by myself. Started watching the Star Wars movies. We have watched three of them now, three more to watch.

We have four babies, and I mean BABIES. Two cats, one is E's, Mistress, and our cat, Pippin. Mistress went outside this morning and came back before long. After a few minutes, I discovered she had brought us a gift--a sparrow. She wasn't very happy when P took it away. I should have known there was something going on when she didn't go first thing and chomp at her food when she came in, like she always does. I was on the computer and wasn't paying attention. She went back outside later and was out for a while. She just came back in and is crunching at the bowl. Pippin is spoiled, he sleeps with me at night, right up by my shoulders and I can't move. Mistress gets at my feet, if E's door is closed. She doesn't like closed doors. She's very unhappy when he has his bedroom door closed. He will come home late at night and watch TV for a while or play games, so he closes his door so as not to keep us awake with the light from the TV.

Lucy (labrador cross) and Watson (black cocker spaniel) had a treat yesterday morning of some leftover bacon. They also got the ham bone. They've gotten into the habit of begging for treats (milk bones) every morning. Talk about spoiled! They would sleep on the bed with us, if they could. Watson's not a problem so much, he does try to sprawl out between us and he is dead weight. (So are the two cats!) Lucy was spoiled by M, and then E, sleeping on their beds.

We love them, but they can sure be a pain at times.

Getting ready to go out today and see the new James Bond movie. Going to Wienerschnitzel to get something to eat first. Better go so we can eat and get to the movie. E is off today, so he's going with us.

Will try to post some pictures later from Glorieta. TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    Good to see you posting again. I am glad you are feeling alright. I do think you need to get a second opion. Next time you need to see a doctor. M is doing well. We had a great Thanksgiving. We had a big big dinner and watched Walk the Line.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home