Linda's Granny Page

Saturday, January 14, 2006

All Done

The moving is over. Got everything moved and put back in place. Had to reorganize a few things because of space constraints. My workspace is now on the narrow part of the desk and my hutch is on the wider part. Had to take some files and put them back in my drawer, otherwise everything else is pretty much in the same place on my desk. There is a window from my office out to the other office which looks out the east windows. That is, if C would open the blinds, but she doesn't want to open them, simply because it would give me some outside light. I do have the high spectrum lights in my office, which really helps. Of course, yesterday, being there by myself, I had the blinds open. She came in during lunch time for something and closed the blinds. When E and I got back from lunch I opened them again and left them open when I left. She will just have to close them when she comes in Monday morning. But I love my new arrangement. I am no longer behind the wall and feel like I'm hiding. Monday is committee meetings, new board member orientation and board meeting in the evening.

Some of the wall will have to be taken out so that entry into my office isn't so narrow. But I think this arrangement will work just fine.

It sure is quiet around this house without R, but from what I can get out of E, R is doing pretty good. E is planning on being here for about another 4 1/2 months, it sounds like. I still wish it would be longer.

Just going to take it easy today. Football is on later today. Need to put in some laundry, maybe iron something for work next week. E and M went back to her room to play cards. P and I are watching Inside the Actor's Studio. He is interviewing Michael J. Fox. It just started, but it looks like it will be interesting.

We may not go to Sunday school tomorrow, it is Sancity of Human Life Sunday. But the lesson looks like it is about caring for the elderly, so it might not be too bad, but I'm sure the discussion will turn to the other subjects.

We have a cold front moving in this weekend, so it's going to cool off. They say we might even have a chance of some precipitation. We need some terribly bad, it is so dry! I know we live in a desert area, but we still need a certain amount of moisture.

We're settling into a routine, like I'm sure many people are. There are always things that come up. I'll be at the Evangelism Conference the end of the month. There is a special called session of the convention to vote on the next executive director. So I'll probably be at all the sessions. Then we'll have a time of transition when he starts on the job.

E is looking to work more hours at Wendy's or find a second job. He seems to be settling down into a definite plan, and preparing for possibilities. I hope things work out for him and D. If not, then I hope they'll both grow from this experience and do what's best for R and the baby.

TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger grandma1 said…

    What is going on in Okla with D? Who is paying the bills? Has her friend gone back to T?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home