Linda's Granny Page

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Busy Summer

What a busy summer!

Right now, our grandson is taking a nap and daughter is off visiting with her boyfriend. So the house is quiet for a little bit.

I wish I could say the house is cool, but it's getting there. The air conditioner is on the fritz. We are in the process of getting a new one. Just in time! Have two fans going in the living room and it's still hot! But we are getting a shower right now, so I opened the back and front doors and getting a breeze through the house. It's cooling things off now. If it warms back up, I'll have to go back to the bedroom where it's not as hot. We're in a monsoon cycle, but they don't want to call it that any more. I just walked outside for a minute, and it feels good! It's not raining very much, but enough to cool things off, thank goodness! The thunder is rumbling out there!

Our daughter is driving the van and was gloating that the ABS light doesn't come on for her. Well, today after she left here to go see her boyfriend, she called and said the ABS light came on. So, she's not gloating any more. And of course, whenever it comes on, the repair shop is not open, on the weekend of course!

Didn't go to church this morning. Woke up before 7 and went back to sleep for an hour. So it was too late. Our soon went over to the storage and got our other fan. Daughter, grandson and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things. Started another list when I got home. Isn't that the way it always is? There's always something that you forget!

Slept last night with the little evaporative fan going all night. I finally took my nightshirt off because I was still hot! I will be glad to get an air conditioner installed, hopefully this week, and be able to cool this house.

Hubby's trip home was just too quick. I'm not used to having to handle so many things that he usually does. But I guess it's good experience for me.

Oh, that breeze coming through here feels good! I think I'll go sit and enjoy it! TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home