Linda's Granny Page

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Reminiscing


Just taking it easy, watching a football game. Going to go in the kitchen and load the dishwasher and maybe see about cooking the turkey. Both kids are at work. Rearranged the living room, slightly. Our kitty cat is sleeping in the sun, recovering from a cold or bad allergies. He doesn't like taking his antibiotic twice a day, but then what cat does?


Twenty-eight years ago today, we were at the hospital. Our firstborn had come into this world just a few hours before by C-section. Now look at him, he is tall and thin, after being born at 7 lbs., 14 oz. He was only a week late.


We had been to the doctor and I was scheduled for a C-section on the 31st. We went to a laundromat and did all our laundry the night before. I woke up about 4:30 a.m. on the 30th, my water had broke. Went to the hospital after talking to the doctor on call. (My doctor didn't deliver either one of my kids, it was one of the other doctors that was on call.) I had just started feeling a few twinges of labor by the time they got me ready for surgery. Got to spend New Year's in the hospital. I spent five days in the hospital. They shove them out at soon as possible now.


And, of course, life has never been the same since.


Now he has a son of his own who will be 5 years old in February. My, how things have changed over the years. It's not until you start looking back sometimes, that you realize just how much things have changed. I've included a picture of hubby's side of the family at Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home